The English language is as fascinating as it is popular and obviously has its own history and quirks. it is originated from what is now called northwest Germany and the Netherlands, and it’s the official language of 67 countries as well as 27 non-sovereign entities such as Hong Kong or Puerto Rico. It is spoken by over 840 million people.
- It compliments your communication with others and boosts your confidence.
- Increases the ability in digital literacy like coding because most technologies use English to interface with users.
- It makes it easy to understand other languages because it has the largest community of people who speak English as well as a native language.
- It increases the probability of getting job opportunities because most companies use this language as the default language.
- Learning English is difficult because it changes very often and the meaning of sentences is often lost in translation.
- if you live in multilingual counties like India, English doesn't help much in expressing your ideas and thoughts.