In 2004, Android was developed by Andy Rubin in collaboration with Google. Initially, it was developed for digital cameras, after the launch of iPhones, google rushed to build phone operating systems and focused on android for phones. They succeeded and now android has captured 88% of the total smartphone market and is used in more than 2 billion smart devices like camera, watch, and many more.
According to Statista, the current number of smartphone users in the world today is 6.648 billion, and this means 83.72% of the world’s population owns a smartphone. Though there are 48 billion android apps, still, there are lots of opportunities to reach people.
Since there are many people shifting their business to reach people online, today there is more demand than ever for android app developers. Learning android can help you rise up the social ladder because there are a lot of methods to earn money by building apps for companies, individuals, or local businesses.
Pros of learning android development,
- Lots of high-paying job opportunities in the android ecosystem.
- There are lots of ways to earn money by developing android apps.
- It is easy to make money directly from AppStore as you get experience.
Cons of learning android development,
- Learning android app development has a steep learning curve.
- There are not many good resources or people who help you learn.
- Developing advance android apps can get complicated and difficult very fast.
Before building an android app, you should confirm whether it is useful to build an android app or not, based on two parameters, the type of users and the service you building.
- Type of users: It includes user description and user location.
- Type of service: It includes feature description and content type.
Let's say you building an app that shows news then it would not good option because your app will not grow organic like websites do using search engine optimization (SEO).
Learn more about android, its history, and app development. Please use resources.